How much does it cost to train church leaders in Haiti and other under-resourced nations?
A little over $100 per pastor – a great deal for a Bible college course with all materials and meals included. (Think about what you paid for a college course lately!) Here are the details.
- We limit our training conferences to no more than 112 church leaders. This number works well with our interactive workshop-style training. Hear Haitian pastors’ thoughts on the effectiveness of PPI’s Thompson Bible training:
- Every church leader pays a fee for the conference. This fee – currently 1200 gourdes in Haiti (around $12) – nearly covers each pastor’s meals for the week. This expectation raises the value of our training and helps church leaders have “skin in the game.” Each person on our American team also pays this fee.
- Thompson Bibles cost us $30 per Bible and about $10 more for shipping – the single largest expense of our conferences. The Thompson Chain Reference Bible in French is our main tool for training. Every church leader who successfully completes the training receives his or her own copy of the Thompson Bible. They’re super excited about that!
- We provide Creole Bibles, conference workbooks and materials, and other ministry resources to all pastors who take part in our conferences. Creole Bibles are desperately needed in Haitian churches. Here why. These Bibles cost us around $10 each. We also provide a professionally printed conference workbook (in Creole), nametags, pens, worksheets, etc.
- PPI covers our Haitian team’s and Pastor Ken’s expenses for travel, lodging and food and also provides a stipend for our Haitian team members. Our mission trips to Haiti currently cost each U.S. mission team member around $2000, which covers their trip expenses. We coach U.S. team members in raising funds for their trip and fund any shortfalls in support.
That means, each PPI training conference costs around $15,000. Would you invest with us in encouraging, training and resourcing church leaders in Haiti and other developing countries? GIVE HERE
Partnership of Pastors International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gifts are eligible for tax deduction.