How much does it cost to train church leaders in Haiti and other under-resourced nations?
A little over $100 per pastor – a great deal for a Bible college course with all materials and meals included. (Think about what you paid for a college course lately!) Here are the details.
- We limit our training conferences to no more than 110 church leaders. This number works well with our interactive workshop-style training. Hear Haitian pastors’ thoughts on the effectiveness of PPI’s Thompson Bible training:
- Every church leader pays a fee for the conference. This fee – between 1000 and 1500 gourdes in Haiti ($10-$15) – covers each pastor’s meals for the week and contributes toward the expenses of the host church. This expectation raises the value of our training and helps church leaders have “skin in the game.” Each person on our American team also pays this fee.
- Thompson Bibles cost us $30 per Bible and about $10 more for shipping – the single largest expense of our conferences. The Thompson Chain Reference Bible in French is our main tool for training. Every church leader who successfully completes the training receives his or her own copy of the Thompson Bible. They’re super excited about that!
- We provide Creole Bibles, conference workbooks and materials, and other ministry resources to all pastors who take part in our conferences. Creole Bibles are desperately needed in Haitian churches. Here why. These Bibles cost us around $10 each. We also provide a professionally printed conference workbook (in Creole), nametags, pens, worksheets, etc.
- PPI covers Pastor Ken’s travel expenses and provides lodging, food and a small stipend for our Haitian ministry team. Our mission trips to Haiti currently cost each U.S. mission team member $1700. We help team members raise funds for their trip and fund any shortfalls in support.
That means, each PPI training conference costs around $12,000. Would you invest this year in encouraging, training and resourcing church leaders in Haiti and other developing countries? GIVE HERE
Partnership of Pastors International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gifts are eligible for tax deduction.